Terms & Conditions
Competitions and Prizes
The following rules shall apply to all competitions, unless other rules are specifically provided in relation to a competition:
- Competitions are not open to:
- a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to Associated Media Publishing (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “AMP” or “us”) or the promoter (any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts a competition, or for whose benefit the competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted); or
- any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition;
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
- You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- Unless otherwise stated, only one entry per person is allowed. Where more than one entry is received by the same person or e-mail address, only the first entry received will be deemed valid.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- Entrants must be South African citizens.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- If you use a mobile phone for entry into a competition, the telephone calls/text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. ‘Free’ minutes under a cellphone contract do not apply.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards to international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities. Any and all airport taxes are not included in the prize and will be for the winner’s account unless otherwise stipulated.
- Prize allocation is to be determined in accordance with the allocated project budget. If any advertiser/affiliate/supplier/promoter with whom AMP works in relation to a prize fails or neglects to provide the prize, then it shall not be exchanged for cash, but a suitable replacement prize, to be determined at the sole discretion of AMP, shall be provided.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entering the competition.
- The winner(s) consents to his/her/their name/s, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to the sponsors, for publicity and prize-delivery purposes.
- AMP accepts no liability for any entries that may be lost.
- Winners use the prize at their own risk. AMP and the promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence, including gross negligence) in connection with a competition or accepting or using the prize.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them when entering. These rules are legal and binding upon entrants.
- AMP reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend any competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third-party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within seven working days of first notification from AMP or its representative, the winner will forfeit the prize, and AMP reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- In the event that you win a prize, you agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
- You are hereby notified that you have a right to decline consenting to your name, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to sponsors in terms of clause 17 You further have the right to decline being photographed for and to appear in a feature in an AMP magazine in terms of clause 17 above. Should you wish to exercise either or both of these rights, you shall do so by informing us within five days of the announcement that you have won the competition, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, in which e-mail you shall provide us with particularity of the rights which you wish to exercise. Should you not inform us that you intend exercising these rights within the above five-day period, you shall be deemed to have consented to the provisions of clause 17 above.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third-party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed to the supplier of the prize. AMP will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any legally justifiable reason. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and our third-party suppliers.
- AMP and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering an AMP competition, you agree to receive communication from our brands. An opt-out will be provided in all communication sent.
Competition-Specific T’s and C’s:
Huawei Vodacom Cover Star Promotional Competition Terms and Conditions From 06 April 2018 – 16 April 2018
- This promotional competition (“Competition”) is organised and run by Huawei Technologies South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“Huawei”), including its affiliates, partners, associates and agents (“Organisers”). The Competition is open for entry by all South African residents of 18 years and older with a valid South African identity document, except employees of the Organisers and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the Competition and their immediate families. The Competition is not open for entry by or on behalf of a legal entity.
- By entering the Competition, all participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, which will be interpreted by the Organisers and the Organisers decision regarding any issue will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This Competition will run between 6 April 2018 and 16 April 2018 until 1pm, both dates inclusive.
4.1 One (1) lucky winner stands a chance to win the following prize:
4.1.1 One (1) Huawei P20 Pro device to the value of R15 000 (fifteen thousand Rand);
4.1.2 The opportunity to prominently appear in the Vodacom “Hero” campaign intended to be published during June 2018, which campaign is inclusive of but not limited to the following elements:
184.108.40.206 A two page print advertisement in the June 2018 Cosmopolitan Magazine (South Africa);
220.127.116.11 The front cover of Vodacom Magazine – June 2018 issue;
18.104.22.168 Digital elements and social media, such as website banners, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram;
22.214.171.124 Point of Sale;
Given the nature of the prize, by entering the competition participants agree to their image and/or likeness being used and published by Vodacom in the aforementioned “Hero” campaign during the month of June 2018.
The photo shoot for the campaign imagery will take place in Cape Town South Africa between 24 – 26 April 2018.
The winner will not be reimbursed nor compensated in any way for publishing his/her entry portrait shot or any other photos, pictures or related material in Vodacom “Hero” campaign or Cosmopolitan magazine.
4.2 One person will stand a chance to win all of the prizes listed in paragraph 4 above.
5.1 To enter this Competition, a participant is required to:
5.1.1 upload an artistic portrait shot of themselves to Facebook or Instagram;
5.1.2. By “artistic portrait” entrants are required to use the colour purple/ ultraviolet in an artistic way. This is the exclusive P20 colour available exclusive to Vodacom. Entrants can use makeup, props or face paint (Only suggestions, not limited to)
126.96.36.199 tag @Vodacom and @Huaweimobileza; and
188.8.131.52 use #HuaweiCoverStar.
184.108.40.206 or Comment on the competition post with your photo and #HuaweiCoverStar
5.1.4 use #HuaweiCoverStar
5.2 Participants will automatically enter this Competition by completing each of the steps in paragraph 5.1 above.
5.3.1 Top 10 Selection: A judging panel will select the Top 10 from ALL entries. The judging will consist of members from Cosmopolitan, Huawei and Vodacom
5.3.2 The Top 10 photos will go live for consumer voting on the Cosmopolitan website (https://www.cosmopolitan.co.za/). Consumers will have from 17 April – 23 April (1pm) to vote for their #HuaweiCoverstar
5.3.3 The final winner will be announced on the 24 April via the entry mechanism that that such finalist used. For example, if a finalist entered the competition via facebook, he/she will be contacted via Facebook.
5.4 The prize winner will be notified by 23 April (5pm)
5.5 Photoshoot will be rolled out between 24 April to 26 April, both dates inclusive.
5.6 The prizes are not exchangeable for cash, and will not be transferable or negotiable.
5.7 The Organisers reserve the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prizes of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
- This Competition is advertised in the participating Vodacom stores, on radio and on the Organisers Social Media Platforms.
- Vodacom will communicate with winners via the relevant social media platforms as the preferred method of communication, and via email or telephonically or via sms as a secondary means, if required. Huawei reserves the right to contact the winners at all reasonable times, as and when required.
- The Organisers reserve the right to select alternative winners in the event that they believe, in their sole discretion, that any one or more winners has contravened any of these terms and conditions. The Organisers decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By accepting these terms and conditions, the winner/(s) agree/(s) that the Organisers may but will not be obliged to publish the winner/(s) name, surname and images, including photographs, on, amongst other things, on the Organisers Social Media Platforms without any liability accruing to the Organisers or remuneration due to the winner, . We will be including their name on social platforms.
- The Competition, its prize, and any terms and/or conditions surrounding it may be amended by reasonable notification at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted in the sole discretion of the Organisers. Such altered terms and conditions and/or prize shall become effective immediately after being altered or on such date as may be determined by the Organisers. No participants shall have any recourse against the Organisers as a result of the alterations of the terms and conditions and/or a prize.
- The Organisers reserve the right to extend, reasonably shorten or suspend the time period of the Competition for technical or commercial or operational reasons or for the greater public good or due to a “force majeure” event or generally for any reason whatsoever within its sole discretion, on condition that it notifies the participants in a manner that is expedient according to its best ability.
- A copy of these competition rules are available on Huawei Mobile South Africa Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HuaweimobileZA/), Vodacom Website (www.vodacom.co.za) and Cosmopolitan Website (https://www.cosmopolitan.co.za/)
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend the rules and/or terminate this Competition immediately at any stage, whether required as a result of changes in legislation, or if required by any national, provincial or municipal authority, or within the sole discretion of the Organisers for any reason whatsoever. Notice of such termination shall be published on Facebook. In such an event, all participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition, and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Organisers whatsoever.
- All participants and the winners indemnify the Organisers, its associated and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers and employees, against any and all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever from their participation in any way whatsoever in this Competition, save for any direct loss arising as a result of the Organiser’s gross negligence.
- South African law shall govern these Competition rules and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd (“the Promoter”).
- The promotional competition is open to all South African residents 18 years or older in possession of a valid identity document.
- The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
- By participating in this competition, participants agree to receive future marketing material from Closeup/Dawn. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
- This promotional competition is open on Sunday 1st April of 2018 at 10am. Any entries received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
7. To enter, participants will be required to:
a) log onto Facebook OR Instagram and follow the Closeup South Africa accounts: Facebook: www.facebook/CloseupSA, Twitter: www.twitter.com/Closeup_SA or Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/closeup_sa/
8. The participants must tag their crush in the comments of the competition post that applies to Cape Town.
9. The participant must tag their crush in the comments on one of the competition posts that apply to Cape Town.
10. One one entry per participant. Only one prize per winner.
The Prize Includes:
A. 12 x toothpaste tubes (one year supply)
B. Kiss speakers
C. Action cam
D. Makeup mirror with light
E. Closeup trucker cap
SELECTION OF WINNERS:
12. The Winners will be announced via the COSMO social media platforms.
DELIVERY OF PRIZE:
13. The Winner will be required to provide their full names as on ID and contact details (including contact number and email address.)
14. The winner’s full name and contact number will be listed on guest lists at the clubs they won tickets to attend.
15. The Winner will be required to sign indemnity and Media Release forms.
16. A copy of these rules can be found on the following website: www.facebook.com/CloseupSA throughout the period of the competition or can be obtained from the Consumer Call Centre on telephone number 0860 572 861.
17. Failure to claim the Prize or refusal or inability to supply required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 24 hours of being contacted by the promoter will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
18. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will be be accepted as proof of receipt.
19. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any claim of fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
21. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
22. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Facebook accounts or other tactics to enter more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. Entries generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the promoter, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries by any means that subvert the entry process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry and may disqualify the entrant.
23. The prize is not exchangeable for cash and is not transferrable.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crscent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051 Att: Legal Department.
25. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
26. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize of equal value.
27. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
28. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
30. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook.
31. All participants in this Competition release Facebook from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
33. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
34. Participants agree that by uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional/marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
Robertson Wine Valley Competition:
Prizes are not transferable and may not be exchanged for cash or other prizes.
In order to qualify as an entrant for this promotional competition:
o the entrant must live in the Republic of South Africa;
o the entrant must provide correct and full personal details, as required; and
o the entrant must be 18 years old or older.
o the entrant cannot be a juristic entity and must be an individual;
o The promoters, RWV members, their directors, members, partners, employees, agents or consultants, the suppliers of goods or services in connection with this promotional competition, or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the above named parties and their respective spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members are not permitted to participate in this promotional competition.
To enter the promotional competition, the entrant must:
o Follow our social media platforms
o Only one entry per person is allowed.
SELECTION OF WINNERS
Winners will be selected within two weeks of the competition closure date (this date is
subject to change without notice). Entrants to whom prizes will be awarded will be
selected through a random draw. Winners will be contacted via email or telephonically within two weeks of the competition closure date (this date is subject to change without notice). RWV reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to the email or telephone call within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted via email or telephonically by RWV as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to RWV in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to RWV as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were the original winner. If the selected winner does not have any contact details a redraw will need to take place immediately. RWV reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions as well as terminate the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they may have in terms of the Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against RWV, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
By entering the competition in accordance with its terms, you are entering a promotional competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (CPA)
and the promotional competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant
provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with
its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to (i) providing such personal
information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize (including
providing proof of address and identity number) and (ii) signing receipt of the prize
upon its delivery. The names of the prize winners will be published on the RWV websites and social media pages subject to the winners consent. Winners may be requested to take part in the promoter’s publicity campaigns or to allow their names and likenesses to be used by the promoter for promotional purposes. Winners are, however, entitled to decline such request.
The promoters shall conduct the competition, and the Promoters’ decision on any matter related to the competition, including the selection of prize winners is final and no correspondence will be entered into. By entering the competition you will automatically be added to the RWV newsletter, but have the option to OPT out
once you received the first mailer
WIN All the Beauty Products in the May Issue of COSMO Competition
The beauty products included in the hamper are not exchangeable for other shades or product editions.