Terms & Conditions
Competitions and Prizes
The following rules shall apply to all competitions, unless other rules are specifically provided in relation to a competition:
- Competitions are not open to:
- a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to Associated Media Publishing (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “AMP” or “us”) or the promoter (any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts a competition, or for whose benefit the competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted); or
- any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition;
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
- You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- Unless otherwise stated, only one entry per person is allowed. Where more than one entry is received by the same person or e-mail address, only the first entry received will be deemed valid.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- Entrants must be South African citizens.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- If you use a mobile phone for entry into a competition, the telephone calls/text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. ‘Free’ minutes under a cellphone contract do not apply.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards to international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities. Any and all airport taxes are not included in the prize and will be for the winner’s account unless otherwise stipulated.
- Prize allocation is to be determined in accordance with the allocated project budget. If any advertiser/affiliate/supplier/promoter with whom AMP works in relation to a prize fails or neglects to provide the prize, then it shall not be exchanged for cash, but a suitable replacement prize, to be determined at the sole discretion of AMP, shall be provided.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entering the competition.
- The winner(s) consents to his/her/their name/s, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to the sponsors, for publicity and prize-delivery purposes.
- AMP accepts no liability for any entries that may be lost.
- Winners use the prize at their own risk. AMP and the promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence, including gross negligence) in connection with a competition or accepting or using the prize.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them when entering. These rules are legal and binding upon entrants.
- AMP reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend any competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third-party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within seven working days of first notification from AMP or its representative, the winner will forfeit the prize, and AMP reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- In the event that you win a prize, you agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
- You are hereby notified that you have a right to decline consenting to your name, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to sponsors in terms of clause 17 You further have the right to decline being photographed for and to appear in a feature in an AMP magazine in terms of clause 17 above. Should you wish to exercise either or both of these rights, you shall do so by informing us within five days of the announcement that you have won the competition, via e-mail to email@example.com, in which e-mail you shall provide us with particularity of the rights which you wish to exercise. Should you not inform us that you intend exercising these rights within the above five-day period, you shall be deemed to have consented to the provisions of clause 17 above.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third-party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed to the supplier of the prize. AMP will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any legally justifiable reason. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and our third-party suppliers.
- AMP and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering an AMP competition, you agree to receive communication from our brands. An opt-out will be provided in all communication sent.
Competition-Specific T’s and C’s:
Sexy Men 2018: BOSS Dog Food Competition
- Winners can be from each of the national regions – Should a winner be further from 100 km from any main centre alternatives will need to be made to collect the stock from one of the regional depots by the winner
- The quantity of dog food will depend on the size of dog adopted and will be calculated according to recommended feeding instructions. Prize is for 1 dog only per winner.
- There will be no choice in the variety of food delivered as part of this prize and no discussion will be taken into consideration. This will be from our current range of BOSS / BOSS ESSENTIAL ranges. These could be either 820g, 775g or 420g pack sizes. There may be a variation in what is delivered.
- Delivery will be arranged per winner and will be delivered to 1 delivery address. Storage will be for the owners own account and responsibility.
- Product will have a min of 6 months shelf life – further to this, Promeal will not replace this stock and will not be responsible for collection or disposal thereof.