In COSMO’s October and first ever ‘Me’ issue on shelves, we’re taking a stand to break down societal body ‘norms’ and encourage you to embrace the body you were born in.
Meet Nadine Williams, Michelle de Villiers and Siphokazi Veti, the fierce ladies featured in our fashion editorial and digital campaign dubbed #COSMOPerfectlyMe. These girls stand for body positivity, unapologetically and fearlessly embracing the body they were born in and celebrating what makes them unique.
We’re challenging YOU to take cues from our fabulous body warriors by posting your very own ‘jiggle dance’ video on social media, joining in the #JoinTheJiggle challenge, to say f*ck society’s body standards and celebrate the fact that self-love prevails.
Watch Our Body Warriors Serve up Their Best ‘Jiggle Dance’ Video
Nadine Williams – Art Director and Designer
‘Girls need to know that nobody is perfect and they weren’t created to be perfect.’
Siphokazi Veti – Writer, Influencer & Feminist
‘Despite what we are made to think, showing up exactly as you are is enough.’
Michelle de Villiers – SA’s First Curve Model
‘I think what we really should be focusing on is normalising all body types.’
Join the Jiggle Challenge & Win in 3 Easy Steps:
1 Post a video of you dancing and jiggling on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook with the hashtags #COSMOPerfectlyMe and #JoinTheJiggle. You can do your shake in whatever makes you feel comfortable – pyjamas, track pants, jeans, you name it!
2 Challenge three friends to post their jiggle dance videos on social media.
Grab your October issue now to see the full #COSMOPerfectlyMe fashion editorial for the hottest lingerie, worn as streetwear, and take part in our #JoinTheJiggle challenge now!
Competition terms and conditions
- Competitions are not open to –
- a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to Associated Media Publishing (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as ‘AMP’ or ‘us’) or the promoter (any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts a competition, or for whose benefit the competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted); or
- any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition;
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
- The winner will be selected based on the most confident and energetic jiggle, judged by the COSMO team and the modeling agency.
- You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- Entrants must be South African citizens.
- Prize allocation is to be determined in accordance with the allocated project budget. If any advertiser/affiliate/supplier/promoter with whom AMP works in relation to a prize fails or neglects to provide the prize, then it shall not be exchanged for cash, but a suitable replacement prize, to be determined at the sole discretion of AMP, shall be provided.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entering the competition.
- The winner(s) consents to his/her/their name/s, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to the sponsors, for publicity and prize-delivery purposes.
- AMP accepts no liability for any entries that may be lost.
- Winners use the prize at their own risk. AMP and the promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence, including gross negligence) in connection with a competition or accepting or using the prize.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them when entering. These rules are legal and binding upon entrants.
- AMP reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend any competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third-party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within seven working days of first notification from AMP or its representative, the winner will forfeit the prize, and AMP reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- In the event that you win a prize, you agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third-party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed to the supplier of the prize. AMP will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any legally justifiable reason. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and our third-party suppliers.
- AMP and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering an AMP competition, you agree to receive communication from our brands. An opt-out will be provided in all communication sent.
Read More Style.