- Today, Instagram is rolling out a new feature called ‘Checkout’ where users can purchase items, track delivery, and receive shipping notifications directly through the app.
- The social-media app partnered with 20 brands for this initiative, including Nike, Zara, MAC Cosmetics, and others.
As if Instagram wasn’t targeting your wallet enough with its sponsored ads and fancy product tags (FYI more than 130 million people tap to reveal those in posts, according to the brand), you can now purchase items from select brands without ever leaving the platform.
How Does it Work?
The feature, which launched Tuesday morning, will take you to the product-details page like it normally would when you click on a tag, except you’ll see a new option to ‘Checkout on Instagram.’
If you proceed, you’ll put in all your shipping, billing, and card info directly within the app. You’ll even be able to track and receive notifications about shipments and deliveries. According to the press release, all your info is saved securely so you don’t have to re-enter in anything for any of your other purchases.
TL;DR? Buying items on Insta has never been faster or more convenient (or dangerous for my personal bank account, omg). BTW, they’ve partnered with 20 initial brands, which you can see below but could expand to more in the future.
Brands Participating in the ‘checkout’ Feature:
- Adidas @adidaswomen
- Anastasia Beverly Hills @anastasiabeverlyhills
- Balmain @balmain
- Burberry @burberry
- ColourPop @colourpopcosmetics
- Dior @dior
- H&M @hm
- Huda Beauty @hudabeautyshop
- KKW @kkwbeauty
- Kylie Cosmetics @kyliecosmetics
- MAC Cosmetics @maccosmetics
- Michael Kors @michaelkors
- NARS @narsissist
- Nike @niketraining and @nikewomen
- Oscar de la Renta @oscardelarenta
- Ouai Hair @theouai
- Outdoor Voices @outdoorvoices
- Prada @prada
- Revolve @revolve
- Uniqlo @uniqlo
- Warby Parker @warbyparker
- Zara @zara
Shop wisely, fam.
This post originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com
Feature image: @kyliejenner
Read More Style.