When he dumped you, it felt like he was squishing your heart in his fist. But now the pain`s easing. Here`s how else to tell you`re back.
* You’ve come to the conclusion that 8 to 12 minutes of foreplay is just not good enough.
* Out with the girls, you’re shocked to finally learn that Ayanda got promoted a month ago and Jules has a new boyfriend whom she`s completely in love with. Turns out you`ve been so busy monopolising conversations with your get-him-back master plan that you missed what was going on in their lives.
* You`ve decided that being friends with your ex isn`t such a hot idea. You have enough pals already, and by the way, none of them treat you badly.
* The other day, you dropped out of cell-phone range – for, oh, two seconds – but you didn`t panic. Normally you`d be freaking out that you missed a call from him, but face it, that`s not going to happen.
* You just had an epiphany: It`s his loss, not yours.
* You finally returned your collection of soppy tear-jerker DVDs – Titanic, The Notebook, and Love Actually – to the video shop and rented some new, more empowering movies – Charlie`s Angels and Kill Bill: Volumes 1 and 2.
* Your computer at work has a meltdown and deletes all of his emails and the loving dialogue you shared. And (gasp!) you`re not under the desk in the fetal position, howling in pain and bawling your eyes out.
* Two nights ago, you actually realised that the way his eyebrows go up and down when he`s talking about something serious is just really annoying. In fact, so is the way he`s always scratching his neck. Ugh…and the constant throat-clearing.
* You`ve stopped connecting (in a `like, she totally gets where I`m at` way) with Avril Lavigne songs.
* You know that fantasy where you get back together because a bus hits you, and upon hearing the tragic news, your ex suddenly realises that he`s still madly in love with you and races to the hospital for a bedside vigil (with two blinding carats in his pocket)? Well, you haven`t had it for seven days.
* When throwing on clothes to run out to the shops for milk, you don`t blow-dry your hair (twice) and reject four outfits on the off chance that you may bump into him on the way.
* Your date kissed you last night, and your gag reflex didn`t kick in.