1. Oh, it’s that time of year again. Pink hearts and booked up restaurants. No biggie. I’ll just ignore it. It’s a commercialised nonsense holiday anyway.
2. Shit, It’s on a Friday night. Lemme see what (insert perenially single friend’s name here) is up to these days. Maybe we’ll hang out.
3. Okay, no need to panic just because Kristy, Hannah, Jess and Dom are busy. Maybe I’ll just stay in and get pizza and catch up on series. It’s just one night.
4. Oh crap. Everyone is tweeting about their cards and instagramming flowers and chocolates. Even my single friends have secret admirers. All I got was that broadcasted Whatsapp joke. What am I going to put on Facebook?
5. I wonder what Dave’s doing. I heard he has a new girlfriend. I bet she is thinner than me. I bet he is taking her to that amazing B&B we went to for our anniversary last year. Why is the world so unfair?
6. Should I go to that Anti-Valentine’s party at the bar or is that desperate? No, I’m not that desperate. And anyway Meg can’t come with me because she is back together with that douche-bag again. Series it is. It’ll be fine. I’ll be fine.
7. This actually isn’t so bad. I don’t have to share my wine with anyone. I can binge-watch Nashville in my large undies and this T-shirt I got for free at that 5km fun run. Plus, I did that 5km run so I can order pizza AND eat this bag of Chuckles. Valentine’s day is the best!