It’s Christmas time and even though you’ve been good this year, you’re bound to have a tough time when it comes to family affairs. Bad things almost always seem to happen when you seat your butt at that dinner table, and there’s nothing you can do but grin and bear it. It’s the festive season after all.
1. Going to your BF’s and feeling judged by every single one of his family members.
2. Thanking your great aunt for the hideous tangerine-bedazzled dress she’s so proudly gifted you.
3. After your first glass of wine, you realise that you will probably need a lot more wine, because your gran is already smashed. If you can’t beat them, join them.
4. You discover, to your horror, that it is actually possible to run out of small talk when you’ve been at it for five full hours.
5. Greeting distant relatives becomes a treacherous dance of should I shake hands, hug or go for the kiss on the cheek.
6. Trying to explain that you actually don’t eat sheep tongue or tripe without offending anyone is tough.
7. Three glasses of wine in, you forget that your little cousin still believes in Santa Clause. Tiny dreams will be crushed, so try to keep your mouth shut.
8. After two helpings of roast and tons of pudding, you have to resort to unbuttoning your jeans and not leaving the table for a very long time.
9. Four glasses of wine in, you find yourself wearing some form of Christmas decoration.
10. Some handsy Christmas guest tries their luck under the mistletoe.
11. After glass number six you will be expected to take part is mandatory family photos. Hold that pose and try not to look like a drunk 16-year-old.
Let us know about the worst things that have happened to you at a holiday family gathering!