Ladies, it’s 2019: We don’t need to be ironing our dude’s clothes, tending to their plants, or have a freshly baked apple pie ready for them when they get home (certainly not that…I mean, unless you wanna). But doing cute, small, and fun little things for your boyfriend can sometimes be exactly what he needs on a shit day.
In other words, lose the regressive trope of needing to cater to your man—because that’s backward and totally not necessary. Next, do something small for him just ~because~ you wanna. Here are some easy ideas that will for sure elicit those warm, butterfly tingles for you in his insides.
- Make their bed the morning after you sleepover. Ya’ll, literally, this will make your dude think about you in ways that they’ve probably never thought about you before. It’s a total game-changer.
- Instant EFT him $$ in the morning when you know he has an important work presentation. Add a coffee emoji to the text and say: ‘Coffee on me. You got this!’ Say it with me now: Awww.
- Buy him some wine glasses. Sorry, he’s a dude, and if you don’t get him wine glasses yourself, he’ll probably be sipping 30-year-old wine in a plastic fraternity cup from college.
- Deliver some soup to his place when he’s feeling ick. You’re obviously The. Best. Girlfriend. Ever. and you better get a callout on Snapchat because of it.
- Actually be the one to kill that spider. Sorry.
- Fold his shirt or sweatshirt or boxers or whatever of his you’re wearing when you sleep over the next morning. (Obvi, this only applies if you are, in fact, not keeping it).
- On any random day, slip a random note in his jacket pocket. It can be something cute, like: ‘Hey, I love you!’ Or something super sexual, like: If you’re reading this, text me now and tell me what you want to do to me later.
- When you’re getting yourself a glass of water, get him one too. It’s the little things in life.
- Oh, and refill his water filter. He’s a guy; he’s not going to do it himself.
- Actually, just buy him a water filter in the first place. Now that I think about it, most men are probably drinking tap.
- Keep an extra toothbrush at your place for him…just in case. (But full disclosure: I don’t know if guys think about brushing their teeth as much as women do, sooo, maybe he’s okay sporting rank breath in the a.m.).
- Leave fire emojis all over his sexy thirst traps on IG. He def likes attention too.
- Watch Die Hard together for the fifteenth time in a row juuuust because he wants to. I know, I know, but he’ll appreciate it.
- Actually go to that concert with him. Sure, this mosh-pitting thing is totally not your scene, but maybs you can support him in his, uh, life choices.
- Pick him up those cute corgi socks, because he loves corgis. Plain and simple.
So, there you have it, ladies. It’s not hard to show a little TLC to your boo, but make sure they’re returning the favour. You def deserve your bed to be made too, mmkay?
This post originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com
Read more about relationships