- 450g beef mince
- 1 x 125g ball mozzarella,
- finely chopped
- 50g sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 50g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped,
- plus extra to garnish
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp plain low-fat yoghurt
- 4 tbsp hummus
Related: Cook. Better. Roast Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. In a large bowl mix together mince, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes, breadcrumbs, egg, basil and some seasoning. Roll mixture into 20 balls about the size of walnuts.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a large ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat and fry meatballs until golden all over. Transfer to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes to cook through.
3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir yoghurt and hummus together. Drizzle dressing over the meatballs, garnish with extra basil and serve with couscous and seasonal veg, if you like.
EACH SERVING 2 060kJ, 35g protein, 31g fat (13g saturated), 17g carbohydrate (5g total sugars), 3g fibre.
This recipe originally appeared on Good Housekeeping