1. Your sex drives won’t always be as compatible as they were at the start. One of you likes it in the morning and the other one doesn’t! Or lunar cycles! Or work stress! I don’t know, man. Star-crossed horniness just happens often.
2. After long enough, sex may often becomes no-frills, but in a good way. Like … let’s both orgasm in under five minutes and then binge-watch an A&E true crime show together until we go to bed.
3. You’ll come to rely on this person like they’re one of your best friends. Which is a weird adjustment after having your best friends and random dudes you date in two very separate categories.
4. Which is scary, but good! Scary because intimacy; good because you’ll always have someone to pick you up when you need to be woozily escorted home after minor surgery.
5. Someone will be on hand to carry heavy stuff and/or build furniture, without you having to text the dude you hooked up with one time from Tinder and bribe him to come over and construct your new wardrobe for you.
6. You will become the person who (occasionally!) blows off her friends for her significant other. Nobody wants to be that person — it just happens. “It” being ‘Ughhh, I don’t want to stop cuddling with my person and drag my ass across town to have a drink with Emily’ — for the first time ever. (Because before you were always Emily/the annoyed single friend.)