We’ve all known that guy – the one you get along with great, who treats you well but who also seems content with being your BFF. Here are the signs he secretly wants to graduate to BF the second you give him the OK.
1. He finds excuses to make plans that involve just the two of you. Nobody else in your friend group can make it? No problem! The two of you can just go alone! And maybe after dinner you can go for another drink. And maybe after that you can Showmax and Relax…
2. You’ve been his date to something. Party, wedding, whatever. If he chooses you as his plus-one, he probably wants you to fill that role in his actual life.
3. You’re pretty sure he’s flirted with you. Guys don’t flirt with girls they can’t see themselves having sex with – fact. If you’re his friend, he’ll be careful not to give you the wrong idea.
4. He likes being in your personal space. He always finds a reason to stand just a bit too close, let his hugs linger for just a bit too long. Oh, and if he tickles you? It’s always flirtatious. Always. Platonic friends do not tickle.
5. All. The. QUESTIONS. He pretty much wants to know every tiny, mundane detail about you. Questions are followed by follow-up questions. Spending time with him is often like a more fun version of a job interview.
6. When you’re alone with him, it feels like a date. He insists on picking you up and paying for you, even when you insist you’ve got your half.
7. He compliments you a lot, and not just on your appearance. He makes it a habit of letting you know how smart, funny, cool and, yes, beautiful you are.
8. He’s happy to do favours. He’s not fetching you from the airport at 2am because he wants to be your best friend, that’s for sure. He’ll always go the extra mile, whether you ask him to or not.
9. He texts you constantly. He’d always rather be in conversation than not. He texts just for the sake of texting – to tell you something funny or to ask about your day. Actually, he barely ever goes a single day without contacting you.
10. There’s no sense of time. Things never feel rushed when the two of you are together – it’s as if he has all the time in the world.
11. When you’re together, he can’t keep the smile off his face. Genuine happiness is something that’s hard to fake – or hide. If he lights up when you’re around, he’s definitely interested.
Related: 5 Signs He Likes You
12. He likes to talk about sex and dating. No, he’s not raving about his ex or telling you about the crush he has on some rando. He just enjoys discussing relationships, because he wants you to look at him in a different way.
13. He’s thoughtful. He remembers things you’ve mentioned in passing, and brings them up in later conversations. If he knows you like something, he’ll find little ways to treat you.
14. His attention is always on you. Even when you’re not the only person in the room, he makes you feel like you are. Group gatherings are just an excuse for the two of you to break away for a bit and have your own conversation.
15. He doesn’t really date. In the time that you’ve known him, he hasn’t been in any serious relationships. Actually, he never even seems to be dating casually. He’d much rather see you on a Friday night than someone he’s been chatting up on Tinder.