It’s nothing like any of your other relationships – it’s something that feels completely different. These are the 11 things that happen when you finally start dating someone who just… makes sense.
1. Every past relationship suddenly seems trivial. The last guy you dated who you honestly thought was The One? Yeah, that relationship was a totally different feeling to this one. This one feels solid. It feels comfortable. It feels real.
2. You finally understand what it means to be treated well. You’ve never experienced anything like it before, and it’s kiiiind of wonderful. You didn’t know it was possible for someone to hear every word you say.
3. You feel more confident than ever before. Even when you know you look like shit (come on, we all have our moments), you don’t feel any pressure to seem perfect. And then he tells you and your blotchy, un-mascaraed face that you’re beautiful – and even though you roll your eyes and scurry off to find your foundation and hair straightener, you actually believe him.
4. You’re not afraid to be 100% yourself. He likes pretty much everything about you, and you know it.
5. Arguments don’t scare you. Even though you barely ever get into them, when you do, you don’t have The Fear that he’ll storm out, never to be seen again. You know that all disagreements will be resolved – there’s no question.
6. You have the luxury of someone who totally GETS you. You have your quirks, and you know you’re not the greatest human in the world or anything. But luckily for you, that’s not what he’s looking for. He wants all of it – the good bits and the not-so-good bits.
7. You want to be together. Even when you’re both doing your own thing, just being in each others’ presence makes everything feel better.
8. You can’t imagine cheating on him, or being cheated on. Like, it’s just not going to happen. It’s not even a thing.
9. You don’t freak out if he hasn’t texted back for a while. Because you know that when he can, he will. It doesn’t cause anxiety when he can’t.
10. You always try to see things from each others’ perspectives. You only agree to disagree when you’ve both looked at the situation from your partner’s point of view. More often than not one of you will realise that the other is right – and you’re not afraid of being wrong.
11. It’s always effortless. You never feel like you’re putting more in than he is, or that it’s up to you to keep conversation going. Being together is the easiest, most natural thing in the world. It just feels good.