We don’t know about you but here at COSMO HQ we have a constant case of wanderlust. Have you ever wanted to just fly to a tropical island for a week but bae doesn’t have the leave and none of your girls have the savings? And the idea of being all alone with literally no one to talk to kind of makes your palms sweat? Same, girl! That’s why we are all about the rising trend of travel bloggers hosting girl group getaways!
We all know those travel bloggers do it in style. From somehow knowing exactly what the next hot destination is going to be, to staying in the hotels of our dreams, their Insta feeds are literally #goals. So how amazing does the opportunity to travel like a travel blogger, with a travel blogger sound? Top travel bloggers from around the world are hosting Bali blogging retreats, photography tours to Morocco, and now, one of South Africa’s own is hosting an all-girl getaway to one of the stunning islands just off the coast of SA!
Natalie Roos (@tailsofamermaid) from www.tailsofamermaid.com is one of South Africa’s top travel and lifestyle bloggers (and our current Acting Deputy Ed) and has travelled to over 20 countries – including Iceland, Mexico and a solo trip to India to learn how to surf! And now she’s running two all-girl trips to Reunion Island this September – and we’re all invited!
Travel Like A Blogger with One of SA’s Top Travel Bloggers
‘I so often get comments or readers who tell me they wish they could travel more but they don’t have anyone to do it with. So I launched the Tails Of A Mermaid Reunion Island Getaways to create an opportunity for women to visit the island independently, while in the safety of a group. It’s kind of like “solo travel light”. It’s a way for like-minded women to travel, meet girls who experience as much wanderlust as they do, learn from each other and explore together. As a relatively undiscovered destination, only 4 hours away from Johannesburg and with no visa requirements for South Africans, Reunion Island is the dream destination for the adventurous woman with an appetite for travel!’
Explore Reunion Island with a group of like-minded female travellers
Having explored the island five times herself, Natalie knows the best spots for sunny beach days, waterfall swims (yes please!), dreamy photography and market shopping. ‘I’ve really taken my time putting the getaways together. I want girls from all walks of life – first-time travellers to travel junkies – to have literally the best trip of their lives. I’ll be there to show the girls a good time, give them some insider tips to the island, make sure they’re always happy and safe and well fed and help those who are interested with photography and blogging tips. I also know that lots of girls wish they had more photos of themselves when they travel, so I am excited to be there to take amazing shots for their Insta accounts!’
Who can join the TOAM Reunion Island Getaways?
The getaways are open to any and all women who have a desire to travel! Not just aimed at girls wanting to becomes bloggers or Instagrammers, the getaways will incorporate some photography and blogging tips for those who are interested, but will mainly be focused on exploring the island and the amazing experiences it offers. It’s the ideal trip for babes who have been dreaming of filling up their passport but who might not have a partner or friends who can easily travel with them.
The trips are all-inclusive (T&Cs apply). Flights, accommodation, transport, activities (including a helicopter flip!) and most meals are included in the price quoted. You will have the option to purchase a few lunches and beverages for your own account, but once you reach the island, you won’t have to spend much!
What to expect
A relaxed pace, where you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy your holiday, between exploring all that Reunion Island has to offer. Turquoise waters, stunning beaches, dramatic waterfalls, delicious food and a vibrant culture are all on the itinerary. You’ll be staying right on the beach, so you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy the lagoon as soon as you wake up every the morning before a full day of exploring!
Day 1 – Travel Day
- Depart from JHB International (4-hour flight from JHB)
- Arrival in Saint-Denis – Natalie will meet you at the airport
- Drive to your accommodation on the west coast of the island
- Check-in, meet the other girls, unpack and have an easy dinner & drinks at home
Day 2 – Beach Day
- Breakfast at home (typical French breakfast of croissants, cheese, yoghurt, coffee, tea)
- Beach day at the stunning Le Hermitage Les Bains
- Light lunch on the beach
- Sunset drinks and Creole tapas at the beach
- Easy dinner & drinks at home
Day 3 – Volcano & The Wild South
- Early breakfast at home
- Early morning drive up to Piton de la Fournaise (the peak of the island’s volcano) for views and lunar landscapes
- Traditional Creole lunch
- Drive home along the south coast and stop for views and photos along the way
- Easy dinner at home (there’s always the option to eat out for girls who would like to)
Day 4 – Saint Paul Market
- Skip breakfast and head to the famous Saint Paul Market to shop and taste local and French and Creole food
- Shop for potluck lunch (each person spends 10 Euro on a lunch for the group)
- Relaxed afternoon at home and sunset drinks at the gorgeous Boucan Canot beach
- Easy dinner at home
Day 5 – Helicopter Tour & Traditional Dinner
- Early breakfast at home
- Helicopter tour over the west coast
- Lunch and relaxed afternoon around the pool / Photo editing workshop for those who are interested
- Sunset cocktails on the beach
- Traditional dinner
Day 6 – Canyoning & Waterfalls
- Early breakfast at home
- Spend the day Canyoning (jumping down waterfalls and swimming in natural pools!) at the most beautiful falls on the island (option to transparent kayak and spend the day at the beach OR enjoy the waterfall if you prefer not to take part in the canyoning activity)
- Relax next to the pool at home
- Farewell dinner at Chez Herbert (my favourite place to eat local food on the island!)
Day 7 – Travel Day
- Check out and transfer to the airport
- Flight from Saint-Denis to JHB International
Book your space now!
The cost of the TOAM Reunion Island Getaways is R25,500.00 per person all-inclusive. Bookings are now open for the 4-11 September and 18-25 September trips, with only 10 spots available per trip. Your space is confirmed once you’ve paid a 30% (R7,650.00) deposit, with the remaining 70% payable in the 3 months before the trip. Payment plans available upon request. To book your spot, fill out this form and the payment details will be delivered to your inbox.