You really don’t want to do this.
If you haven’t yet heard about McKamey Manor in Summertown, Tennessee, then you might want to turn back now because the details will chill you to your very core.
McKamey is possible the scariest haunted house in the US, and the owner, Russ, takes that title verrry seriously. So seriously, in fact, that he’ll offer you $20,000 if you make it through. Don’t get too cocky though. According to this local Houston site, no one has yet to succeed.
If you’re curious about what this nightmare IRL entails, watch the video below.
Warning: This is graphic!
The requirements alone are enough to send you packing. You’ll need to check off all the following boxes:
- Be 21 and above, or 18 to 20 with parents’ approval.
- Completed ‘Sports Physical’ and doctor’s letter stating you are physically and mentally clear.
- Pass a background check.
- Be screened via Facebook FaceTime or phone.
- Proof of medical insurance.
- Sign a detailed 40-page waiver. I repeat, a FORTY-PAGE WAIVER!!!
- Pass a portable drug test on the day of the show.
The physical cost is cheap—all Russ asks for is a 50-pound bag of dog food that he donates to an animal shelter (aw!). But the emotional stakes are incredibly high.
Some people are tasked with eating cockroaches, being buried alive, fighting to survive Saw-like contraptions and more. (Seriously…how is this legal?!) The Nashville Scene also mentions eels, tasers, paintball guns, and whips. Fun! Easy! Cool!
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan US
Like this article? Sign up to our newsletter to get more articles like this delivered straight to your inbox.