Great news: the traits that make you who you are may also make you a likely contender for the corner office one day.
1. You’re a team player. If you’re quick to give others credit where it’s due, rather than hogging the limelight, you’re not simply being modest or humble. You’re acknowledging that everyone has a role to play in achieving a goal, and this kind of collaboration is essential for a leader.
2. You always have time to help someone out. It’s part of that teamwork philosophy. Just make sure that your selflessness isn’t preyed upon.
3. You understand that it’s not ‘my way or the highway’. You’re keen to hear how your colleagues would tackle challenges because you understand that they might have something valuable to add.
4. You really care about how the new intern is getting on. In fact, not just her – if someone in your office is down, you want to know about it so that you can all find a way to help them.
5. You’re a doer. Whether it’s finishing a brief on time or presenting an idea concisely, when it comes to work, you’re all about the action. This means you’re also able to acknowledge your mistakes and do what you can to fix them – and if things don’t work out as planned, you’re able to learn a lesson and move on.
Related: How To Get A Job You Love
6. You think big. You’re full of ideas and you love making them happen. That’s why your colleagues love spending time with you – your energy is contagious.