When you’re in the same place for 45 hours every week, you need some sort of coping mechanism to get by, right? Thank goodness for your brain. No matter what your job is, you totally have these thoughts during your workday. We aren’t so different after all…
1. Today I’m going to be productive. I mean, I know I always say I’m going to be productive, but today it’s happening for real.
2. I wonder if Chris really sits in ‘such bad traffic’ every morning or if he is legit just taking chances.
3. No, Michael, stop messaging me on Hangouts. I have to work! Ugh, okay, I’ll just reply to this one.
3. How is it possible that between 5pm yesterday and 8:30am today I could have so many new emails? Like, what are people’s working hours? Go home!
4. This is the last Hangouts message I’ll reply to until 5pm, for real.
5. I wonder why I’ve been cc’d into this mail that has nothing to do with me.
6. Ha, that’s a funny gif. Where does Monica find her gifs?
7. Is it lunch? Oh, lol, it’s only 9:30am – that’s weird.
8. There goes Paul, the office gossip, again. Does anyone actually trust what he says? Literally everything he has ever said has been disputed.
9. Okay, this is the last Hangouts message. Goodbye, Michael, I don’t care how cute you are.
10. Wow! I can’t believe an hour just passed! See, I knew today would be productive. I deserve a quick Buzzfeed break.
11. Wow. Um. I can’t believe an hour just passed. I don’t even understand how this happened. Today’s pretty much a write-off, so I may as well reply to Michael…
12. Okay, it’s just another hour until lunch. I’m going to power through and really earn my break.
13. Lol, Michael.
14. Hmmm, what should I have for supper? Also, how many glasses of wine is too many?
15. Oh, Michael. How are you so cute and so funny? Pick one, damn it!
16. Yaaaassss! 1pm! I’ll quickly grab my work wife and we can check out that new place we can’t afford, but we’ll just look at it – we won’t actually buy lunch there.
17. I just spent way too much on lunch at that place I can’t afford.
18. Why has Michael stopped messaging? What an ass.
19. Oh-KAY, that was a full two hours of solid, uninterrupted work and I am feeling good. This company is so lucky to have me. I hope they know.
20. I love a meeting as much as the next person, but this is a bit ridiculous. We’re going to be here all day if Chris doesn’t stop speaking over everyone and actually allows someone to finish a thought.
21. It’s 4pm and I’m actually exhausted. My brain cannot function. Who made this nine to five workday rule again…?
22. Let’s be real – nothing I do now is going to be of a remotely high standard. I’ll just spend my last 30 minutes winding down with some cat videos.
23. HOME TIME! And tomorrow we’ll come back and do this whole thing again.