Self-care has dominated our conversations this year and we’re so here for it. Almost everyone has a side hustle, is trying to maintain relationships and have a social life and, you know, just find that all-round balance.
For some, self-care doesn’t come easy so it’s important to find the thing that works for you. It all starts with loving and caring for yourself, and making an effort to practise self-care.
A few self-care things to think about
- It comes with the power of acceptance. Practising self-care often helps you to embrace your flaws instead of being ashamed of them.
- Self-care doesn’t equate selfishness – it’s you taking responsibility for your happiness.
- Self-care teaches you independence. When you love yourself wholeheartedly, you won’t rely on others for validation.
- It helps to strengthen your self-esteem.
- You make healthier life choices when you practise self-care. Whether it’s eating healthier or exercising – these choices are a way of expressing the love you have for yourself to help you be a better version of you.
- Self-care helps you to create and maintain a healthy relationship with yourself and others.
The beauty of self-care means that you define what it means to you! Here are a few activities you could try until you find what works for you:
- Burn a scented candle in your room/home to create a peaceful ambience. Candles are often soothing – this kinda explains why they’re used in wellness and spa rooms.
- Cook healthy meals for yourself.
- Drink lots of water. Staying hydrated helps relieve headaches, balances your blood sugar, and promotes healthy skin.
- Take a warm bath with bath salts and the LUX Soft Caress Body Wash to gently exfoliate your skin while adding moisture. Your skin needs exfoliation and applying this body wash with a luffa sponge is the best way to do that. For added fragrance, use any one of the LUX beauty bars.
- Set a reminder to take deep breaths (lasting 10 seconds each) at least twice a day. Doing this promotes a state of calmness.
- Watch motivational videos or listen to a great podcast.
This post is sponsored by Unilever.
Read More Life