In this golden age of entrepreneurship, boss babes be on the up and up. A great example of this is the rise of the influencer, and who runs that world? Girls. Though building both a brand and business can seem daunting, it’s a task easily smashed by the might of sisterhood.
Join forces with the best girl bosses in the business at the COSMO Hustle Entrepreneur edition. The event has been curated to offer you a series of masterclasses in monetising your passion, slaying funding pitches, branding yourself… and so much more. And yes, of course, there will be champagne daaaaahling, courtesy of Boschendal. Deets below.
- 8:30 – 9:00: Welcome. Mimosas and juice with breakfast canapés.
- 9:00 – 09:20: The hustle begins. A warm welcome from COSMO Editor Holly Meadows.
- 09:20 – 09:50: How to turn your passion into a full-time job. Lauren Dallas, Founder of Future Females, will talk about the first 90 days – what it takes to make an idea a reality, as well as the joy of failure.
- 09:50 – 10:20: Slay the funding pitch. Lelemba Phiri, Principle and Angel Investor – Africa Trust Group, will provide tips on mastering your business plan, identifying the right funders, major dos and don’ts, and how to get buy-in from investors.
- 10:20 – 10:40: Boss up your LinkedIn Profile. Why exactly do you need to boss up your profile? COSMO Deputy Editor, Noxolo Mafu, explains. She’ll outline what a possible employer is looking out for, as well as the key steps to take to make you stand out from the crowd.
- 10:40 – 11:00: The perfect first impression. It’s all about dressing and feeling great. COSMO Fashion Editor, Clare Robertson, is here to demonstrate the best budget looks and how to make your wardrobe work harder for you.
- 11:00– 11:30: Marketing your brand on social media. Conquer the social game with a little help from TFG’s Head of Marketing, Pride Maunatlala. She’ll chat about branding through social media, give top tips for building an audience, and discuss trends for self-starters wanting to make a lasting impression on their audience.
- 11:30 – 12:10: Makeup for a fab first impression. This is hosted by COSMO Junior Beauty Editor, Aphiwe Khambule, with help from boss beauty brand Yardley. So you know you’re in good hands.
- 12:10 – 13:00: Lunch, lit. Grab a canapé and head over to the Boschendal bar. Now that you’re a LinkedIn boss, get a touch-up at the Yardley makeup station, before having your new profile pic shot by a professional.
- 13:00 – 14:00: Panel discussion & Q&A. Chaired by COSMO Editor, Holly Meadows, discussions will deal with the dos and don’ts of creating a unique brand.
- 14:00 – 15:00: Networking reception at the Boschendal drinks bar
The goodie bag includes
Something special from Boschendal, an Impulse fragrance, Yardley makeup, a portable charger, a COSMO notepad & pen, a Typo water bottle and photo frame, and a 6-month subscription to COSMO.
- Date: 27 October 2018
- Time: 8:30am – 3:30pm
- Venue: Workshop 17, Watershed, V&A Waterfront, CPT
- Ticket price: R280