1. You might not know this, but your lips can get sunburned just like the rest of your skin. Because there is no melanin (the compound that protects skin from the sun) in your lips, those luscious lips of yours are more vulnerable to the sun. Lucky for you, many lipsticks have an SPF of 15 or higher, protecting your lips from any awkward sunburn.
RELATED: Our Top Five Winter Habits For Your Skin
2. You might be surprised to know that lipstick actually improves your posture (we know, right?!). Studies have shown that women who wear lipstick on a regular basis have better posture than women who don’t. According to the study conducted by L’Oreal, the simple act of “stretching” in order to put on your lipstick improves balance and co-ordination, which makes you stand taller.
3. Applying a little bit of lipstick in the morning will not only save you time, but it’s the quickest and easiest way to look put-together without the help of mascara, foundation, eye-liner and any other beauty product you make use of in the morning.
4. Unsurprisingly, lipstick has the ability to make your lips appear fuller. But this isn’t the only benefit that it has to your facial features. Applying a little bit of lipstick gives your face that extra pop of colour, allowing your eyes to look more defined and bigger.
5. What’s the biggest benefit that lipstick provides? Confidence. Who doesn’t feel a little sexier after applying your favourite lipstick? Exactly!
Read more articles on Beauty
Originally Posted on Marie Claire