There are a handful of stellar innovations that have truly shaped the history of humankind. The wheel, electricity, penicillin and Netflix are just a few that spring to mind. But, and we’re sure you’ll agree here, the most significant has got to be online shopping. Online shopping, like Aladdin, has revealed A Whole New World when it comes to getting our hands on gorgeous fashion and beauty products. Nothing beats spending your entire salary from the comfort of your own bed. And it’s also a fab way to pass the time – never before have three-hour monthly status meetings been this much fun. However, us here in sunny SA face a few small hurdles when it comes to truly revelling in the online shopping experience. And this is why we want to introduce you to Aramex Global Shopper.
As avid online shoppers ourselves, it’s an understatement to say that we’re thrilled at the progress being made locally in the e-commerce department. Nevertheless, there is still a plethora of goodies unavailable on our shores – which means that *insert Jaws music here* we still need to rely on the South African postal service to handle our precious cargo from abroad. If you’ve ever tried shipping goods into SA using our postal service, then you’ll already know that the process can be, well, about as fun as a post-winter bikini wax. From unhelpful employees to strikes, month-long wait times to your parcel just straight-up disappearing – having a package delivered to Mzansi is pretty damn stressful. Oh, and then there’s customs. Don’t even get us started on customs.
Introducing Aramex Global Shopper
We’d just about accepted the fact that the only time we’d get our hands on overseas beauty and fashion items was when we could make the trek ourselves, or bribe a loved one into doing it for us, when Aramex Global Shopper reached out to us to give us the 411 on their ah-mazing service.
Aramex Global Shopper is a shipping service that allows you to shop online, have your parcel sent to one of their over 22 global delivery hubs, and then have your parcel safely delivered to your door in South Africa. All at pretty decent shipping rates, to boot.
These hubs are based in Canada, China, Egypt, France, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Lebanon, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Thailand, Turkey, UAE, UK and USA – meaning that, just about wherever you could possibly want to do your online shopping, you’ll be able to have your goodies shipped safely to you. Without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.
How it works
Sound too good to be true? Here’s a breakdown of how the process works.
- A new, limited-edition eye palette has dropped, and you simply must own it. But alas, it’s not available in South Africa.
- Good thing you’ve heard about Aramex Global Shopper via COSMO, because dayum, those matte shades are giving you life.
- You sign up at Aramex Global Shopper here, and pay a once-off, lifetime membership fee of $45 (about R586).
- Oh, COSMO readers get a whopping $40 (about R521) off when they use our unique promo code, AGS5CM, to sign up. Yes, that’s worldwide shopping at your fingertips for just $5 (about R65).
- Once registered, you’ll receive over 22 physical forwarding addresses in the above-mentioned countries – meaning you can shop ‘til you drop just about anywhere in the world. That eye palette is YOURS, gurl.
- You visit your favourite online beauty hub, that sadly doesn’t ship to Mzansi. You add your palette to your cart, and hit checkout.
- Upon checkout, you enter your Aramex Global Shopper forwarding address in the country your beauty hub is located.
- Your palette is shipped to the nearest Aramex Global Shopper facility and is ready to be sent to you, in South Africa.
- Your package is now ready to be processed by Aramex and delivered to you. Yasss! This can take five to ten working days, depending on customs clearance.
- Once the package has left for South Africa, Aramex notifies you (via e-mail) that you are able to pay online for shipping and any customs duties acquired.
Your package, containing that oh-so-banging palette, is delivered by Aramex to you personally.
We’re sure you have about a million questions right about now. So, let us break it down even further…
Aramex Global Shopper: the 411
Here’s what you need to know about Aramex Global Shopper:
- This incredible service is available to anyone who lives in Mzansi. Yay!
- There is a once-off, lifetime membership fee which is usually $45 (about R586) but we have a discount code, AGS5CM, which allows you to sign up for only $5 (about R65). The prices are in dollars, and are subject to exchange-rate fluctuations, because Aramex is a global shipping company.
- You can click here to sign up.
- Aramex Global Shopper is ALL ABOUT customer satisfaction, so they offer a money-back guarantee if you’re not totally stoked with their service within the first 12 months.
- You can pay via your credit or debit card, or PayPal.
- You’re able to manage your account/profile super-easily. Once you’ve signed up, you can access your list of personalised international delivery addresses, track your precious cargo, settle payments and more.
But what about customs, you ask?
Ah, customs. The pimple-that-arrives-the-morning-of-a-date of the online shopping world. Hands up if you’ve been personally victimised by customs? Yup, us too.
The bad news: you’re going to have to pay customs on certain international parcels. It’s the law, and none of us are above it.
The good news: Aramex Global Shopper pays any and all customs fees on your behalf, taking the total boob-ache that is dealing with customs off your plate. Completely. Aramex will simply add the charges to your overall account for you to pay before your delivery is made.
ICYMI, we’re offering COSMO Girls a whopping $40 (about R521) off the $45 (about R586) once-off, lifetime Aramex Global Shopper signup fee. Champagne emojis all-round, fam.
Use our unique promo code, AGS5CM, to sign up and enjoy global online shopping at its most lit.
*This promo code expires on 15 September 2017.
Because we don’t believe in punting products unless we’re 101% sure that they’re legit, we tried out Aramex Global Shopper for ourselves.
We purchased R5 000 worth of cult beauty classics (think Kat Von D liner and BECCA highlighter) from the UK, and had it delivered to our door using AGS. Now we’re giving it away. Heavy breathing all round.
Want to win? Head over to our Facebook page, and comment on this picture telling us what you’ll buy using Aramex Global Shopper and stand to win a hamper consisting of:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz Pencil in Chocolate
- BECCA Lit from Within Kit
- BECCA Mineral Blush in Flowerchild
- Jaclyn Hill x BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop
- 2x Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita and Mother
- Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper Black
- Lime Crime Velvetines Liquid Matte Lipstick in Eclipse
- The Ordinary High-Spreadability Fluid Primer
- 2x Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara in standard and waterproof
- Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
- Violet Voss Cosmetic Glitter in Goldie
- ZOEVA Cocoa Blend Palette
- 3CE Lip Color in Cheeky Cheeky
For real, a better prize doesn’t exist on the Internet!
This post was sponsored by Aramex Global Shopper.