If you’ve been keeping up with the Kardashians, then you’re well aware that Kim Kardashian has launched her own beauty line — KKW Beauty — rolling out a contour and highlighting kit that sold out in minutes and net a cool R182-million. Not bad, Kimmy.
So crazy we sold out of all four contour kit shades plus my crème liquid lipstick collab with Kylie! So thankful to everyone who has shown love and support for my @kkwbeauty launch!! I’m so grateful and excited to share everything I have coming up. Be sure to check with @kkwbeauty for more updates & new products!
To show you just how makeup, specifically her new contour and highlighter, truly enhances her face, Kim took to Instagram Live to show her fans exactly how she does her contour herself.
Side note: If you have 12 minutes of life to spare, you can watch the full video below where she goes from makeup-free to a full-on face beat, while revealing the name of North’s new puppy among other fun facts. (Spoiler alert: they named him Sushi.)
Don’t have 12 minutes to watch her Insta Live? Keep scrolling for her quick-ish tutorial and transformation…
1. Start with luminous skin. ‘The first thing I do is use this Tatcha luminous dewy skin mist,’ she says. She sprays the sponge side of her KKW Beauty applicator to get it ‘super wet.’
2. Apply a base. ‘I don’t even know what concealer this is but I think it’s a tester we’re doing,’ she notes. She uses a packed fluffy brush to apply some concealer from a pot all over her face.
3. Add another layer to conceal. She uses a small brush to apply the same base concealer under her eyes, along the sides of her nose, and atop her laugh lines.
4. Blend! ‘Now that I’ve sprayed [sponge], [it’s] just like a regular sponge that you would use … just to kind of make everything blendable,’ Kim explains.
5. Set your foundation. ‘I like to take the sponge and put powder on it, just to kind of set too,’ she adds. ‘Then I use this other little brush.’
6. Swipe on your contour but be ‘delicate’ with the application. ‘I’m using the medium stick and this is the highlight,’ she says. She also warned her fans that because the formula is so creamy, you have to be really delicate when you apply it. She swipes the darker side of the contour along her cheekbones, then traces the perimeter of her face using vertical lines and lines her jawline, creating ‘3’ formations on her face. Then, she draws two lines down both sides of her nose from her brows and applies some contour on the tip of her nose. Finally, she uses the lighter side of the contour pen to line under her eyes.
7. Blend some more. She uses the brush end of her applicator tool to blend it all in. ‘It’s super creamy, super blendable … See how nice that is?’ she asks. She also notes that she likes her forehead a little darker, so she doesn’t blend as much, so it pops. ‘I also love blending the colour into my hairline because I just think the colour looks super natural,’ she adds.
She also likes her nose a little more sculpted so she uses the sponge side to subtly blend in the contour.
8. Make your look #lit. Then she uses the matte side of the highlighter and pops that between her brows in vertical lines, down the bridge of her nose, over her Cupid’s bow, above her cheekbones, and on the inner corner of her eyes. Then she blends with her sponge applicator.
9. Use the lighter contour side as a lip liner. ‘And then I get a lipstick and a blush … Milani? I don’t know, I got it in a drugstore … it’s just a light pinky,’ she says. She then applies her blush using a fluffy brush atop her cheekbones and then can’t find a lipstick, so she resorts to a light shade of foundation for a ‘super matte look.’
Finally, she asks fans if they can see the glow and the blend. TBH, she looks effing stunning and at this point I’m ready to buy the whole damn kit.
She signs off by saying, ‘All right, guys … that’s just a quick little situation to show you guys how to do it in two minutes.’ Again, it wasn’t two minutes, it was about 12, but I get how it could take a minimal amount of time had she not been explaining it, as it seems she has this how-to down pat.
She wraps up the tutorial by telling you what she used (the medium highlight and contour kit) and also reassures you that contour isn’t a scary step in your makeup routine, saying, ‘[Contour] is not scary, it can be so easy and just fun to do. So that’s why I made these kits just, to show you guys it’s just so easy.’
Here’s another shot of her final look:
Finally, she puts the how-to to bed, wishing her fans a nice night while wearing the cute little cat ear filter, because everyone looks flawless AF in those filters. ‘Goodnight, guys,’ she says.
This article originally appeared in Cosmopolitan.com