Taylor Swift was the first witness called to the stand in a Denver federal court on Thursday, the fourth day of the singer’s groping trial against former DJ David Mueller. As BuzzFeed’s Claudia Rosenbaum reported from court, Taylor testified in the civil trial that the DJ had a ‘definite grab’ of her butt during a backstage meet-and-greet at her ‘Red’ tour in Denver in 2013. As previously reported, David has denied the claims and is seeking $three-million in damages from the singer after being fired from his job; Taylor is seeking $1 in a countersuit. On Thursday, Taylor told jurors, ‘It was a very shocking thing that I have never dealt with before. He grabbed my ass underneath my skirt. It was underneath my skirt.’ She added that David ‘stayed latched on to my bare ass cheek as I moved away from him, visibly uncomfortable’ during the meet-and-greet.
Claudia live-tweeted Swift’s testimony on Thursday. Here are the key moments:
- In a cross-examination, David’s attorney told Taylor she could have taken a break if she felt distressed during the meet-and-greet. She responded, ‘And your client could have taken a normal photo with me.’
- Taylor revealed that she continued to do meet-and-greets with other fans following the alleged incident: ‘I just said in a monotone voice, “Thank you for coming,” and then they were gone.’
- After the alleged incident, Taylor told her photographer, ‘I said that dude just grabbed my ass and she said I know exactly which one you are talking about, I have [the] pic.’
- Taylor testified that her bodyguard is not to blame for not stopping the alleged groping, and that the moment was ‘horrifying’ and ‘shocking’.
- Taylor testified that she believes both David and his girlfriend, who was also present during the meet-and-greet, were both intoxicated.
- Responding to David’s testimony, Taylor said, ‘He did not touch my rib, he did not touch my hand, he grabbed my bare ass.’
- Responding to David’s eventual firing from his job following the alleged incident, Taylor said, ‘I am not going to allow your client to make me feel like it is in any way my fault because it isn’t.’
- Taylor also testified that no-one else could have possibly grabbed her: ‘He had a handful of my ass. I know it was him.’
- Responding to whether or not she was able to see the alleged incident directly, Taylor testified that she could not because her butt is ‘in the back’ of her body.
Swifties have gathered near the Denver court to show their support for the singer.
Taylor’s brother Austin and her publicist Tree Paine were also spotted arriving in court on Thursday.
This article originally appeared on Cosmopolitan.com.
Read more celeb news.