It’s not enough to just talk the talk but it seems like DJ Zinhle is walking the walk too, she is opening up the industry.
As 2019 is DJ Zinhle’s 15th year in the industry, she has announced that she will open up spaces in her band (for a drummer and bass guitarist) for female musicians.
DJ Zinhle’s love for music began when she was a vinyl DJ at the University of Johannesburg and she filled in for a DJ who was running late for a timeslot. This kickstarted her career which had her performing at Gauteng nightclubs, a TV residency which got her noticed by respected DJ’s and music producers.
Speaking to Drum, Zinhle said:
“Starting a band has always been a dream of mine, and I think now is the perfect time, especially with celebrating a milestone of 15 years in the industry. I also think it is a great opportunity for upcoming female musicians to be exposed to the industry and hopefully the experience opens more doors for them.”
How do you audition?
- “Colours” ft. Tamara Dey
- “Uzobuya” ft. Miss Melody & Presh Beat Master
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact Details – a valid email address and telephone number
All entries will be vetted and the successful musicians will be invited to a live audition which will be held in April 2019.
Terms & Conditions
1. Entrants must be female and must live in the Republic of South Africa.
2. All entrants must be 18 years or older on 24 March 2019 and must provide a copy of a valid Identity Document as proof.
3. By entering the audition, the participant agrees to abide by the terms and conditions stated herein.
4. The decision with respect to the acceptance of an entry and its eligibility is made by Zinhle Productions and shall be final and binding upon the participants.
5. All entrants hereby agree to waive any claim of whatsoever nature, which they may have against Zinhle Productions arising out of or in connection with their participation in the audition.
6. Zinhle Productions shall not be held liable to any entrant for any reason whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the audition. The participant fully indemnifies Zinhle Productions and holds it harmless from and against any and all claims, liabilities, judgements, losses, damages, costs and expenses.
7. The videos submitted and any fixation of any performance by the participant during the audition, become the property of Zinhle Productions.
8. You agree that Zinhle Productions may use your application, as we see fit, including for promotional purposes. You hereby irrevocably grant and assign to Zinhle Productions all rights, title and interest in your application so as to permit the fullest use throughout the world of your contribution (or parts of the same) throughout the world, by any and all means in all media and in perpetuity. You agree that we may edit, copy, adapt or translate your contribution as we see fit. The entrant warrants represent and undertake that the entrant is entitled to participate in the auditions and has full power and authority to grant rights herein expressed to be granted.
9. The successful participants will be determined by Zinhle Productions whose decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. In the event that you are invited to attend an audition you hereby irrevocably grant all consents necessary for Zinhle Productions and/or Third Parties to film and record such audition and to use recordings featuring your contribution, including without limitation your image and/or voice, in connection with the audition and to utilise the same in all media in perpetuity without the need for payment to you. You agree to waive any moral rights that may exist in relation to your contribution.
11. Should you be selected to be a part of the live band, you agree and undertake to enter into further contracts with Zinhle Productions and you agree to abide by the terms therein.
12. Zinhle Productions reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading submissions, personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of these terms and conditions.
13. You will not without Zinhle Productions’ prior written consent disclose, publish or discuss with any third party any information relating to the audition or live band.
14. You must not submit any content or include any material in an application that is in any way defamatory, obscene, unlawful, harmful, offensive or inappropriate or that would constitute a contempt of court or expose us to any civil or criminal proceedings. Your application or content must not contain anything that may have the effect of being harassing, threatening, abusive or hateful or which degrades, discriminates against or intimidates an individual or group of individuals on the basis of religion, gender, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, age, disability or any other legally protected characteristic.
Read more CELEBS
Featured Image: Instagram/ @djzinhle