Black Panther has won the top film award in at the 25th Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday.
The critically acclaimed and culturally poignant superhero film has been slaying and toppling long-standing titles (knocked tear-jerker classic Titanic off its 21-year record as the third highest grossing United States film of all time), and it seems its winning streak is far from over.
‘Well, I’ll be,’ Chadwick Boseman, who played the title character, said in accepting the award for best ensemble in a motion picture. ‘To be young, gifted and black.’ Yes, because creating the first superhero film, with an entirely black cast is and will always be groundbreaking – you better take all this praise, Mr. Boseman.
Marvel’s Black Panther took more than $700 million in the US alone. Globally, the film made more than $1.3 BILLION. And while that may have gotten you excited – the film is also the first superhero movie nominated for best picture by The Academy!
The full list of winners from the 25th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Female actor in a leading role – Glenn Close, The Wife
- Male actor in a leading role – Rami Malek, Bohemian Rhapsody
- Female actor in a supporting role – Emily Blunt, A Quiet Place
- Male actor in a supporting role – Mahershala Ali, Green Book
- Cast in a motion picture – Black Panther
- Stunt ensemble in a motion picture – Black Panther
- Female actor in a television movie or limited series – Patricia Arquette, Escape at Dannemora
- Male actor in a television movie or limited series – Darren Criss, The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story
- Female actor in a drama series – Sandra Oh, Killing Eve
- Male actor in a drama series – Jason Bateman, Ozark
- Female actor in a comedy series – Rachel Brosnahan, The Marveous Mrs Maisel
- Male actor in a comedy series – Tony Shalhoub, The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- Ensemble in a drama series – This is Us
- Ensemble in a comedy series – The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- Stunt ensemble in a comedy or drama series – Glow
Read more celebs