The COSMO team bring you a summer party checklist of all the things you need to remember when partying it up on the beach. Or at the pool. Or just partying in general.
1. Wear minimal makeup for a natural, fresh look. If you’re going to be swimming, it’s probably a good idea to wear waterproof mascara. Panda eyes at the beach are not a hot look.
2. Bronzer, bronzer, bronzer. This helps create a beautiful summer glow.
3. If you’re body conscious, a maxi dress is a great idea. It’s still summery, but a covers up a bit more than shorts. Even if you are not body conscious, a maxi dress is always a good idea. It’s fashionable after all.
5. Take an extra bag of clothes for later, just in case you get wet or cold. You can keep it in your car.
6. A comb, clips and elastics because when you get thrown in the sea or pool you can pull your hair back into a chic bun and not worry about frizz.
7. If you’re wearing a bikini as underwear, take a small pair of dry knickers so you don’t have to deal with squelchy bum or wet marks on the back of your dress after your swim.
8. Spray perfume into your hair as you might sweat it off your body.
9. Choose a light lip gloss rather than a statement lipstick as you’ll be sipping on cocktails, swimming, sweating and will probably mess up a bold lip.
10. Eat something before you go so you don’t find yourself drunk after your first drink. You want to enjoy the whole night.
11. If you’re going to wear sunglasses, make sure you have a big enough bag to store them in after the sun goes down. The last thing you want is to get home minus your favourite pair of sunnies because you left them on the table. Alternatively, take your sexy new clutch and leave the sunglasses at home.
12. Wear flat shoes rather than heels. Wedges, sandals or pumps are always a good idea and they’ll be more comfy. Flatforms are trending right now and are a good compromise – you get the height without pain.
13. Gum to keep your breath fresh and ready for when you end off the night with a perfect summer kiss.