Getting a new flat can be both exciting and daunting at the same time. Your first big step into grown-ups world is being able to fend for yourself and start paying your own rent. And unless you’re super rich and fortunate enough to have had your parentals buy you a place right off the bat (lucky you!), you’ll have to do like most of us and get a flat-mate (or two) to be able to make the monthly payment more affordable.
Ask these questions when looking for potential mates:
1. How do you feel about a friend staying over the night?
2. Are you likely to have visitors staying the night often?
3. What kind of music do you listen to?
4. Do you mind if I play music loudly sometimes?
5. Do you play music loudly sometimes?
6. Do you want to share groceries?
7. Do you cook?
8. Are there any kinds of food that you don’t eat at all or are allergic to?
9. Do you drink or smoke and do you mind if I do?
10. How are you about keeping a place neat and tidy?