Beat your dry, chapped lips and get a kissable pout in no time with these four home-made sugar scrubs.
1. A Classic Lip Exfoliator
…A recipe we all learnt from our mothers, and one that leaves us with satisfactory results.
2. A Raspberry Lip Scrub
Create a fruity scent by adding raspberry sauce into the mix…
- 1 tbsp homemade raspberry sauce (make the sauce by combining 1 tbsp cornflour, 8 or 9 raspberries, 60ml water, 1/4 cup sugar)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
3. A French-Toast Lip Scrub
A breakfast-inspired lip exfoliator? Yes, please!
- 1 tsp organic white sugar
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pure maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 2 drops pure vanilla extract
4. A Popcorn Lip Scrub
Recreate Lush’s super-popular lip product. The sweet-and-salty taste it leaves behind will have you craving the yummy cinema snack!
- 1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-2 tsp vegetable oil (or 50/50 veggie oil and coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- A drop of yellow food colouring
5. A Chocolate Sugar Lip Scrub
Add a little cocoa to create a chocolate flavour…
- 3 tbsp Nomu cocoapowder
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup grapeseed oil
And now we’re craving chocolate. Are these lip scrubs supposed to make us hungry?
See more beauty
See more beauty news