Competitions and Prizes
The following rules shall apply to all competitions unless other rules are specifically provided in relation to a competition:
- Competitions are not open to:
- a director, member, partner, employee or agent of, or consultant to Associated Media Publishing (Pty) Ltd (hereinafter referred to as “AMP” or “us”) or the promoter (any person who directly or indirectly promotes, sponsors, organises or conducts a competition, or for whose benefit the competition is promoted, sponsored, organised or conducted); or
- any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition;
- the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified above.
- You may not participate in or be eligible to win a competition if you have won a competition promoted by us within the past three months. You will be eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of three months after the date on which you won the last competition.
- Unless otherwise stated, only one entry per person is allowed. Where more than one entry is received by the same person or e-mail address, only the first entry received will be deemed valid.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- Entrants must be South African citizens.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- If you use a mobile phone for entry into a competition, the telephone calls/text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. ‘Free’ minutes under a cellphone contract do not apply.
- You must possess whatever documents and permissions may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards to international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities. Any and all airport taxes are not included in the prize and will be for the winner’s account unless otherwise stipulated.
- Prize allocation is to be determined in accordance with the allocated project budget. If any advertiser/affiliate/supplier/promoter with whom AMP works in relation to a prize fails or neglects to provide the prize, then it shall not be exchanged for cash, but a suitable replacement prize, to be determined at the sole discretion of AMP, shall be provided.
- Entrants must be 18 years or older at the time of entering the competition.
- The winner(s) consents to his/her/their name/s, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to the sponsors, for publicity and prize-delivery purposes.
- AMP accepts no liability for any entries that may be lost.
- Winners use the prize at their own risk. AMP and the promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage, personal injury or death that is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person’s negligence, including gross negligence) in connection with a competition or accepting or using the prize.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and agreed to be bound by them when entering. These rules are legal and binding upon entrants.
- AMP reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend any competition at any time, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third-party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within seven working days of first notification from AMP or its representative, the winner will forfeit the prize, and AMP reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
- In the event that you win a prize, you agree to the publication of your name and to appear in person in the electronic media and the print media, and you agree, within reason, to endorse, promote or advertise our goods or services, for which no fee will be payable.
- You are hereby notified that you have a right to decline consenting to your name, biographical details and involvement in the competition being made available to sponsors in terms of clause 17 You further have the right to decline being photographed for and to appear in a feature in an AMP magazine in terms of clause 17 above. Should you wish to exercise either or both of these rights, you shall do so by informing us within five days of the announcement that you have won the competition, via e-mail to email@example.com, in which e-mail you shall provide us with particularity of the rights which you wish to exercise. Should you not inform us that you intend exercising these rights within the above five-day period, you shall be deemed to have consented to the provisions of clause 17 above.
- In the event that you win a prize provided by a third-party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed to the supplier of the prize. AMP will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
- We and our third-party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any legally justifiable reason. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and our third-party suppliers.
- AMP and the judges’ decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering an AMP competition, you agree to receive communication from our brands. An opt-out will be provided in all communication sent.
Competition-Specific Ts and Cs:
Cadbury P.S. Valentine’s Day: Sing a Love Note and #FindLoveinYourLanguage Competition
The Terms and Conditions set out below apply to all participants in the P.S. Valentine’s Day promotion (“the Promotion”).
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Participation in this Promotion will constitute your agreement to comply with these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate.
1. THE PROMOTER:
The P.S Valentine’s Day Promotion conducted by Mondelez South Africa (Pty) Limited, No. 6 Woodmead Estate, 1 Woodmead Drive, Woodmead, Sandton, 2191, South Africa, Tel: 011 253 4000begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (“the Promoter”).
2. PROMOTION PERIOD:
2.1 The Promotion will take place for the duration stipulated below:
2.1.1 Participants may enter the competition on the Cadbury P.S Bar Facebook page from the 15th of January 2020 to the 12th of February 2020 (“the Promotional Period”).
2.2 The duration of the Promotion may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Promoter.
3. WHO MAY ENTER:
3.1 All participants must, at the time of entering the Promotion:
a. a natural person and beat least 18 (eighteen) years of age at the date of entry of the Promotion (or be represented by a parent or guardian who is at least 18 (eighteen) years of age);
b. a citizen and/or legal resident of the Republic of South Africa;
c. be in possession of a valid South African Identity Document, resident/work permit and/or Driver’s License; and
d. be residing or be present in South Africa for the duration of the Promotional Period and for the period during which the prize draws and the delivery or collection of the prize/s takes place.
3.2 Participation in the Activation/Promotion excludes directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promoter or any third parties involved in the execution of the Activation, either directly or indirectly, as well as the members of the immediate family (being spouses, life partners, parents, children, brothers, sisters, fathers and/or mothers) and/or business partners or associates of any of the aforesaid persons.
4. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION:
4.1 To participate in the Promotion, participants should use their Facebook camera or Instagram camera , and record themselves singing using the preloaded filter and corresponding song. The participant needs to upload this to their stories or social feed, where judges will decide who prize winners will be.
4.2 The participant agrees that:
4.2.1 The uploaded story can be saved, stored, and distributed for judging purposes.
4.2.2 The uploaded story may be published on Cadbury P.S. Bar Facebook page as user-generated content.
4.2.3 The uploaded story may be used in future case study videos by the Promotor or the Agency.
4.2.4 The judge’s decisions are final.
4.3 Any lewd, inappropriate or slanderous actions or words present in the participant’s entry will lead to automatic disqualification from the competition.
4.4 Participation in the Promotion is entirely at the participants’ own risk and the Promoter, its agencies and their employees are not responsible for any loss, damage or injury that occurs as a result of participation in the Promotion.
5. CAN I PARTICIPATE MORE THAN ONCE IN THE CAMPAIGN?
5.1 Multiple entries will be permitted, subject to each entry being posted separately, and identifiably different from the previous entry and in accordance with entry requirements.
5.2 The Promoter reserves the right to withhold prizes from any such participant and to reclaim any such prize if it is subsequently discovered that a participant received prizes in breach of this rule.
6.1 The Promotion will afford winning participants a chance to receive EITHER:
6.1.1 1 x Personalized Serenade to be performed for the person of his/her choice, with 3 opportunities to win.
6.1.2 1 x Grand Prize of a P.S. media takeover, with 1 opportunity to win.
6.2 The Personal Serenade prize is advertised as being performed by the band ‘Simple Stories.’ The Promoter reserves the right to replace the artist/s without notifying prize winners.
6.3 The P.S. media takeover prize will be subject to the discretion of the Promoter and will occur on available and appropriate media. The Promotor reserves the right to decide on and change the medium as best suits the Promotion and Promoter requirements.
6.4 No obscene or inappropriate messages will be accepted for publication on the P.S. media platforms in relation to the Grand Prize.
6.5 Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and shall not be redeemed for cash or sold. If a prize is not redeemed for any reason, such prize shall be forfeited or be the subject of a separate allocation at the Promoter’s discretion to another recipient.
6.6 Participants are not able to choose their prizes and will accept the prize as is. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any of the prizes for a different prize of similar value. The participant will be responsible for any costs resulting from accepting this prize, including any travel costs incurred.
7. AWARDING OF PRIZE:
7.1 The Weekly Prize winners will be awarded their Personalized Serenades in the week after they have been announced as winners. The weekly prizes will be issued between the 3rd February till 13th February 2020. While attempts will be made to accommodate the prize winner’s schedule, failure to reach an agreement of prize delivery may lead to the prize being forfeited by the winner.
7.2 The Grand Prize winner will have his/her love message displayed on relevant Cadbury P.S. media platforms and an outdoor digital billboard on Valentine’s Day, 14th of February 2020.
7.3 The Promoter reserves the right to record the Personalized Serenades, as well as the reactions of all participants involved. The promoter reserves the right to publish such material on Cadbury P.S. media platforms.
7.4 The Promoter reserves the right to record the Grand Prize P.S. media takeover as well as the reactions of all participants involved. The promoter reserves the right to publish such material on Cadbury P.S. media platforms.
7.5 The Promoter reserves the right to carry out reasonable due diligence to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Promotion will not bring the Promoter or any of the Promoter’s brands or partner brands into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Promotion as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and/or disqualify any participant that may bring the Promoter brands into disrepute.
7.6 The Promoter may refuse to award the prize to a participant if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
8.1 To the extent permitted by the Consumer Protection Act and any other applicable law:
a. The participant hereby indemnifies the Promoter, its associated companies, directors, officers, employees, partner companies and agents against any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages or loss of any kind regardless of how this was caused, and whether it arose under the law of contract or delict or otherwise, because of the participant’s entrance to the Promotion.
b. The Promoter excludes all warranties (express or implied), representations and liabilities regarding this Promotion (other than for death or personal injury caused by its negligence and/or fraud).
8.2 The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of participants (including but not limited to a participant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to reject any participant who has not complied with these Terms and Conditions.
8.3 Errors and omission may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
8.4 Neither Promoter nor its agents or distributors will have any liability in relation to this promotion.
9.1 Participants of this Promotion are voluntarily providing their personal information to the Promoter, its associated agencies and the third-party service providers running the promotion in conjunction with the Promoter.
9.2 By entering this Promotion, participants authorize the Promoter to collect, store and use (not share) personal information of participants for communication or statistical purposes. Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication and inform the Promoter in writing should the participant wish to be removed from all communication.
9.3 By participating in this Promotion, the participant consents that the Promoter may use names, images and videos taken of the participants for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration being payable to the participant. All promotional material will become the sole property of the Promoter. However, the participant has the right to decline participating in any promotional activity or to object to these images being used in marketing material by written notification to the Promoter at No. 6 Woodmead Estate, 1 Woodmead Drive, Woodmead, Sandton, 2191, Attention: Legal Department. The written notification is to reach the Promoter by no later than the last stipulated activation date of the relevant station.
0.1 The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone, suspend or cancel this Promotion and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason that the Promoter reasonably deems necessary.
10.2 The onus rests on the participants to check the website for updates to the Terms and Conditions.
10.3 No liability shall lie on the Promoter in favor of any participant or third party arising from such cancellation, suspension or termination. Therefore, the participant waives his/her right, which he/she may have against the Promoter and hereby acknowledges that they will have no right of recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoter.
10.4 The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10.5 This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook, Twitter or any other social media platform used to promote the campaign.
10.6 If any part or all of any clause of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable:
a. It will be read down to the extent necessary to ensure that it is not illegal, invalid or unenforceable, but if that is not possible;
b. It will be severed from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to have full force and effect.
10.7 All Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and should a doubt or dispute occur, it will be taken before the courts of the Republic of South Africa.
10.8 This Promotion is not applicable in conjunction with any other offers/promotions offered by the Promoter.
Skip City Take Over Competition
1. The promoter is Unilever South Africa (Pty) Ltd.
2. The promotional competition is open to all South African residents in possession of a valid identity document above the age of 18.
3. The promotional competition is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent or consultant of the Promoter, the marketing service providers or any person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by these entities, including their spouses, life partners, business partners or immediate family members.
4. By participating in this competition participants agree to receive future marketing material from the brand/s on promotion. However, the participant has the right to unsubscribe to receiving marketing material or request the Promoter to delete their information by contacting the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051
Att: Legal Department or opting out from any electronic marketing message.
6. This promotional competition is open from Monday, 09 December 2019 and ends at 12am (midnight) on 20 January 2020. Any entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
7. To enter, participants will be required to take part in the #ThePowerOfColour city take over– Participants to post/upload an image of themselves (and only of themselves, no-one else) in front of the Skip wall on Instagram using the official competition hashtags: #ThePowerOfColour and tag @SkipSouthAfrica between
the competition start date of Monday, 09 December 2019 and competition end date of
20 January 2020 – 00:00.
8. Participant must be situated either in Cape Town, Johannesburg or Durban
9. The winner must enter their correct contact details. If a winner has given incorrect contact details, the Promoter reserves the right to select another winner in terms of the rules.
10. The Promoter shall not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, incorrect or incomplete entries for any reason whatsoever. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
11. The Promoter shall not be responsible for the failure of any technical element relating to this promotion that may result in an entry not being successfully submitted.
12. Responsibility is not accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed as a result of any network, computer or cell phone hardware or software failure of any kind. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry if fraud or cheating is suspected, including without limitation, through the manipulation of code or otherwise frequently falsifying data.
14. No applications from agents, third parties, organised groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No incomplete or corrupted entries will be accepted. Entries will only be accepted if they comply with all entry instructions.
15. NOTE: Any attempt to use multiple e-mail, cell phone or Instagram accounts or other tactics to enter or vote more than the stated limit may result in disqualification and all associated entries and/or votes will be void. Entries or votes generated by script, macro, bot, commercial contest subscription, incentives or other means not sponsored by the Promoter, vote-swapping sites, voting software, entering service sites or any other automated means and entries or votes by any means that subvert the entry/voting process or do not conform to the terms or spirit of these competition rules, will void the entry/votes and may disqualify the entrant.
The prize is for 1 grand prize winner who will win a R5000 shopping voucher.
16. Prize is not exchangeable for cash or transferable.
17. The Winner will be selected by means of a random draw by 20 January 2020 and will be notified telephonically where the Winner will be required to verify their details. The Winner will be required to provide their name, contact details and a copy of their identity document as well as sign an acknowledgment of receipt of the Prize.
18. The Promoter (or their agent) will endeavour to contact the prize Winner once every day for 5 consecutive working days after their name is drawn. If the Winner cannot be contacted during this period, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be selected in accordance with the rules.
19. Failure to claim the Prize or a refusal or inability to provide required documentation or comply with any of the competition requirements within 2 months will disqualify the Winner and a new Winner will be drawn in terms of these rules.
20. The Winner will be required to sign an Indemnity and Media Release forms.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to name the Winner publicly through any medium the Promoter deems fit. By entering the competition, the Winner agrees to the publication of their name by the Promoter.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to use the images taken of the Winner for publicity purposes in any manner they deem fit, without remuneration being made payable to the Winner. However, the Winner has the right to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 15 Nollsworth Crescent, Nollsworth Park, La Lucia, 4051
Att: Legal Department.
23. A copy of these competition rules can be found on the Skip South Africa Facebook page and Instagram link in bio throughout the period of the competition.
24. The Promoter shall have the right to change or terminate the promotional competition immediately and without notice, if deemed necessary in its opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control. In the event of such change or termination, all participants agree to waive any rights that they have in respect of this promotional competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter or its agents.
25. In the event that the Prize is not available despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value.
26. Neither the Promoter, its agents, its associated companies, nor any directors, officers or employees of such, shall be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the participant or the Winner.
27. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
28. Participation in the promotional competition constitutes acceptance of the promotional competition rules and participants agree to abide by the rules.
29. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook and the participants acknowledge that they are providing information to the Promoter and its agents only and not to Facebook or Instagram.
30. All participants in this Competition release Facebook and Instagram from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this competition and these terms and conditions.
31. The Promoter reserves the right to delete any information provided, submitted or uploaded by a participant which the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, believes is illegal, obscene, offensive or defamatory, or infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party, or is otherwise inappropriate for a campaign designed for mass audience entertainment.
32. Participants warrant that they have full rights to the images and stories that they provide, submit or upload and that the use of the said material shall not constitute a breach of any third party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
33. Participants agree that by providing, submitting or uploading their “images” and/or stories, they grant permission to the Promoter to use the images or stories or any part thereof, in any and all media for promotional / marketing purposes with no consideration payable to the participants.
Cotton On Destination Swim 2019 Competition
- Competition is valid from 21 – 27 October 2019
- By entering this competition you agree to opt-in to the Cotton On database
- Entrants may enter only once
- Entrants can only enter in their own name
- Entries and participants have to be 18 years of age and older at point of entry
- Partner has to be 18 years and older
- Entrants have to be South African
- Prize validity from 15 January – 15 May 2020
- Subject to availability
- Prize includes transfers
- Trip consists of 2 nights and 3 days
- Return flight tickets are included
- All other meals, fees and expenses are for the winner’s own account
- Late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected responses will be deemed invalid
- Entrants must enter on the Cotton On or COSMO websites
COSMO Influencer Awards
The winner in each category of the Competition will receive an award confirming that they have been chosen by Cosmopolitan magazine’s (the “Magazine”) judging panel to be the winner in their category for 2019 (the “Prize”). Winners will also be required to attend a photoshoot on behalf on Cosmopolitan Magazine ahead of the awards ceremony in a central Johannesburg location. Entrants must be based in South Africa. Entrants must be between the ages of 18-35 years-old.
The final date for Nomination Entries will be Monday 1 April 2019. Influencers can be nominated by a reader or can nominate themselves and can be nominated as many times as they wish. Entrants must have a minimum of 5, 000 Instagram followers and/or 5, 000 YouTube Subscribers to be considered in all categories except for Best Newcomer where there are no minimum follower requirements.
Emirates Trip To Dubai 2019 Competition
- Prize includes two economy class flight tickets and three night’s accommodation in Dubai
- Entrants must be South African citizens and over the age of 18 years
- Competition closes on 31 July 2019, and the winner will be notified via email in the week thereafter
- Prize is not exchangeable for cash
- Booking and travel dates are valid until December 31 2019
- Airport services, lounge access, Visas, airport transport, government, airline and airport taxes, as well as travel insurance are all excluded
- Hotel accommodation is non-transferable and excludes laundry, mini-bar, F&B, spa etc. Only room and breakfast is provided.
Bodytec Competition, May 2019
Terms & Conditions COSMOPOLITAN WIN COMPETITION MAY 2019
- 10 BODYTEC Sessions are valid for 10 (ten) months
- 10 BODYTEC Sessions must be used up within 10 (ten) months after winner is notified by email with a minimum of 1 (one) per month (after each month, one session will expire)
- Sessions are not transferable
- Person redeeming the 10 BODYTEC sessions has to be 18 years or older
- 10 BODYTEC Sessions to only be redeemed at the studio as indicated by winner and not transferable to another studio
- The 10 BODYTEC Sessions includes free laundry service
- The 10 BODYTEC Sessions are not refundable
- EMS training is not allowed or can only be permitted after obtaining medical approval in case of certain conditions. An assessment will take place at the first session where all contraindications will be explained.