1. It takes the pressure off. Depending on your situation, and not pointing fingers at anyone here, he might not be able to last as long as you need. So going down on you means that he can make you orgasm first, so you’ve got at least one under your belt. Or he can give you a bit of a head start.
2. It’s an amazing view. Seriously. Your boobs never looked better. It’s not like he’s going to get that kind of view during sex. He’s in a pretty unique spot where he really gets to focus on you and see just how much you’re enjoying yourself.
3. It’s a nice break for him. It’s also a good time for him to cool down a little if he got too worked up. For any guy who doesn’t quite have the stamina, going down on you is pretty much a requirement.
4. He likes the taste. If you think that’s gross, you just don’t get it.
5. It cooooouuld mean you return the favor. Not that it’s required, but it certainly ups the chances of you going down on him. Just putting it out there.
6. He can shake off any cramps and kinks he got during foreplay. Depending on how you’re situated, he might need a minute to stretch out and work his legs. Maybe even take his socks off with his toes if he hasn’t gotten to that yet (socks aren’t usually high priority).
7. That scalp massage. The way you grab the back of his head and run your fingers through his hair without even realizing you’re doing it… that’s a special kind of scalp massage that only happens now.
8. It means you’ll be ready for other kinds of sex. Knowing that lubrication is seriously-definitely-absolutely-not-a-problem after a decent amount of time spent essentially drooling in and around your crotch helps you both ease your way into penetrative sex, if that’s what you’re into.
9. It winds him up, too. It’s all about that anticipation. And watching you get turned on turns him on more.
10. The best present to receive is the joy of giving or whatever. It’s the holiday season, so of course he’s in the spirit of giving.
This article was originally published on cosmopolitan.com.