Take stock of what you love, and upgrade. Here, examples to get you started.
1. Love sleeping in on Saturdays? Make your bed even more of a haven by buying the cosiest sheets. Invest in some that have a high thread-count – the higher the number, the softer the feel.
2. On Monday morning, upgrade your usual coffee to a latte. If you like throwing dinner parties, buy a round dining-room table – it will promote conversation because everyone will be able to see each other.
3. Post-holiday, keep your high going by researching where you want to go on your next trip.
4. Stock your bathroom with candles in relaxing scents like lavender and sandalwood, so every time you take a bath you can easily turn it into a mini-spa.
5. Sunday night is a quiet, stay-at-home kind of evening, so make it a ritual with your guy or a group of friends to cook a meal that’s a little more gourmet and delicious than your usual fare.
6. During the winter, get a year-round flowering plant for your pad – you’ll feel springy and fresh even when it’s freezing out.
7. Magnify the sexiness of date night by turning it into a whole weekend. Plan romantic dinners, a fun movie to see, and some daytime activities. Then tell him to pack a bag on Friday and head to your place until Sunday.
8. Put together an energising and inspiring playlist just for your commute to work… and a more calm and relaxing one for your trip home.
9. Create a reading area to make settling in with a load of magazines or a good book even more enjoyable. Pick a nicely lit corner of your couch, a soft blanket and a small table for you to put a drink on.
10. Never go on a date without wearing sexy undies and a matching bra, even if you know he won’t see them. It’s for you, honey.
11. Having cute and flattering gym clothes to slip into means you’ll actually look forward to sweating.
12. Ask your favourite shops if they have mailing lists you can be added to. Once you’re signed up, they’ll send you discounts and special offers.
13. There’s nothing like a glass of wine at the end of a long day. Splurge on a couple of snazzy, high-end glasses that are designed to optimise the aroma and flavour of your vino. They honestly make all the difference.
14. Make Saturday afternoons even brighter by scheduling phone or Skype sessions with long-distance buddies.
15. Celebrate the fact that you’ve made it to midweek by treating yourself to a small dessert at lunch – like a cupcake or your favourite kind of biscuit.
16. You probably spend loads of time in your living room, so make it inviting by using warm colours. Try aubergine-coloured pillows or an amber rug.
17. If you have huge plans for a Friday night, think ahead and take the day off work. You can devote those hours to primping so you’ll feel extra-hot when you meet up with friends later.
18. Right before you fall asleep, send your guy a loving SMS. He’ll get it the next day, and you’ll get a sweet response to start off your morning routine.
19. Mmmm… spaghetti. Up the yum factor by adding big, juicy black olives and shaved Romano or Parmesan cheese to your noodles and basic marinara sauce.
20. Get up twenty minutes earlier than usual and blow-dry your hair – you’ll feel groomed and gorgeous all day.