Because the drugs in spiked drinks are almost impossible to detect, the key is to be incredibly cautious – always.
- Don’t leave your drink unattended while talking, dancing, using the ladies’ room or making a phone call.
- At parties, don’t drink from punch bowls or other large, common and open containers.
- If someone offers to get you a drink at a club or a party, go with him to the bar to order it, watch it being poured, and carry it yourself.
- Watch out for your friends, and vice versa. Always leave the party or bar together.
- If a friend seems out of it, is too drunk for the amount of liquor she’s had, or is acting out of character, get her to a safe place immediately.