A special guest at our COSMO Make Me Conference, here are 10 facts about this local beauty:
1. Melinda graduated from the University of Pretoria with Honours in B.Com Marketing and Communications.
2. She was crowned Miss South Africa in 2011.
3. In 2012, Melinda represented South Africa at the Miss Universe Pageant, where she was placed sixth overall.
4. At the Miss Universe Pageant, Melinda was ranked an overall favourite for the title and ranked first on pageant expert and voting sites including The Ideal Beauty, Global Beauties and the Universal Beauty Council, and holding the title as The Ideal Beauty 2012, and Universal Beauty 2012.
5. In 2013, Melinda was appointed National Executive for the Miss South Africa Pageant, which means she is in charge of arranging potential sponsors for the pageant, as well as preparing the outgoing queen for both the Miss Universe and Miss World Pageants.
6. She is currently engaged to Mr. South Africa 2011, Adriaan Bergh.
7. Melinda has designed her own swimwear collection called Bambshell.
8. In 2007, she co-wrote a book with her mother and sister that has been published.
9. Melinda won the title of Sexiest Woman in 2013 by the local edition of men’s magazine, FHM.
10. Melinda has recently joined SABC2’s weekly magazine show, Pasella, as a new presenter.