Introducing new, beautiful eye shadow variations that actually care for your skin.
Elizabeth Arden, the first brand to introduce eye makeup to the USA, takes innovation to the next level with a new line of Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Singles and Duos. Complete with skincare benefits, these new multi-tasking eye shadows are true to Elizabeth Arden’s quest to make every woman look and feel her most beautiful. As Arthur Pellegrino, Vice President of Global Research & Development at Elizabeth Arden explains, ‘Our Advanced Pigment Technology targets colour rich pigments at their core so that the new eye shadows create a fine layer on top of the lid instead of falling into lines and creases, while Retinyl Linoleate and vitamins C and E also help to smooth the appearance of ageing. The result is a powerful combination of long-lasting colour with skincare benefits that lift and smooth the eyelids.’
Beautiful Colour and Application
The buildable shades provide strong colour saturation and outstanding wear, while the smooth texture of the luxurious new formula is crease-proof, allowing for a multi-finish application that smoothes, brightens and ‘lifts’ the eyes. With twelve singles and six duos, women can create any look they desire, from daytime professional to nighttime fun and flirty.
The new shadows offer skincare benefits that address both immediate and long-term concerns, helping improve the appearance of signs of ageing in the eye area, while protecting skin from future environmental stressors. Key ingredients include: Retinyl Linoleate – a gentle, but effective vitamin A derivative, which helps minimise the look of fine lines and wrinkles, and supports skin’s own natural collagen production; vitamins C and E, antioxidants which neutralise free radicals, greatly reducing their destructive power on skin cells in the delicate eye area, and Advanced Pigment Technology that coats each particle with a blend of silky silicone, Retinyl Linoleate and antioxidants to give them a luxurious, smooth feel.
Beautiful New Packaging
The new shadows are also encased in a new sleek, gold and silver compact with a mirror. The Singles come with a sponge tip applicator, while the Duos come with a dual ended sponge and brush. The iconic Elizabeth Arden Red Door is embossed into each powder for a sophisticated look. Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Singles cost R195, while the Beautiful Color Eye Shadow Duos go for R245. Available in selected department stores nationwide from August 2012.
• Don’t use lip liner like a pencil. Rather than applying with the point, use it on its side for a ‘feathered’ look. This allows for a softer application and natural blending, and you’ll get the definition without any hardness or obvious lines.
• If you’re afraid of a dark lip, just go for a darker shade of a colour you would normally wear.
• Get the coverage you need, and let your natural glow shine through with Flawless Finish Mousse Makeup. It’s easy to use, feels great on skin and is almost translucent, giving you gorgeous, even and radiant skin.
• Use powder strategically around face. Focus on the T-zone, but let your cheeks stay dewy. A little natural oil is okay for a glowing (not greasy) look.
• Primer is important, but you only need it where you’re applying foundation.
• You can never go wrong with pink blusher. It’s natural, youthful and looks great on everyone.
• Use a sheer cream blush as an anchor, and then apply a powder blush on top. This gives skin a beautiful flush and really ‘finishes’ a makeup look.
• In the summer, use a bronzer in place of blusher. Apply it to the upper cheekbones for a healthy glow.
• When using a powder bronzer, do a light dusting and don’t forget your neck, ears and décolletage. And if you are wearing your hair up, don’t forget the back of your neck.
To enter our competition to win an Elizabeth Arden hamper and full day pamper session with an Elizabeth Arden makeup artist worth R3000, click here.