Don’t underestimate the power of lipstick – it’s a magic little makeup buy that can show people you mean BUSINESS. Depending on the scenario (a festival in the winelands? Swanky dinner?), let the occasion (and your lipstick) take the lead. Try out any of these looks, created by MAC senior makeup artist Raine Tauber on our very own junior beauty editor Ncumisa Makhonjwa using MAC’s Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson Lipstick and Lipglass, and you’re guaranteed to own the occasion with a kiss. Score!
Look 1: Werk Boss
- Prep lips with Studio Perfecting Stick Concealer applied with the #224 brush.
- Press in a bit of Lip Conditioner, blotting the excess with a tissue if necessary.
- Press Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson Lipstick into the centre of the lips to create a stained look.
Look 2: Festival Fresh
- Using the Candy Yum Yum Lip Pencil, line the edges of the lips and blend with the #228 lip brush.
- Apply Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson Lipglass for light-hearted, festival-inspired lips.
Look 3: Date Night
- Prepare lips with the Studio Perfecting Concealer Stick – it has a very natural finish. Buff the edges out with a #268 brush.
- Using a #286 brush, apply Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson Lipstick to the whole lip, keeping the edges very precise.
- Apply a liberal amount of Viva Glam Taraji P. Henson Lipglass to the entire lip.
The product duo, available now, is a matte fuchsia lipstick (R240) and matte fuchsia shimmery lipglass (R230). One hundred percent of the proceeds from every lipstick sold go towards those living with or affected by HIV/Aids.
This is a sponsored post.